David Turner Research Ltd (DTRL) is a research consultancy based in Wellington, with over 20 years of experience in New Zealand leading research, monitoring and evaluation projects or programmes in a range of policy areas that included labour, justice, housing and social services. DTRL helps clients get greater value from their investments in research and evaluation, supporting policy development and implementation. To that end, research and evaluation projects are planned and completed within existing constraints of time, data, and funding, in collaboration with clients and other research providers as appropriate. Services include:
- strategic advice on monitoring, research, and evaluation in support for operations and policy development
- design and project management of research and evaluation projects such as process evaluations, impact evaluations, and literature reviews
- facilitation of stakeholder or other groups to identify stakeholder needs, clarify the intervention logic behind policies or programmes, identify the implications of evaluation findings, and other purposes
- quality assurance for research and evaluation
- training and mentoring of research or policy staff members.