Dovetail is an evaluation and social research company, based in Auckland. We work with people and organisations to understand the difference they are making and to support change. Our insights enable learning, system improvement and evidence-based decision making.
Dovetail draws on a multi-disciplinary network of experienced research and evaluation professionals. We work with our clients as partners in development and learning. We are valued for the insight and expertise we provide, the reflective dialogue that underpins our work, and the quality and timely delivery of services.
Our work bridges the worlds of funders, service providers, professionals and community interests. We work across New Zealand and in the Pacific.
- Funders to understand the impact of their investments
- Service providers to enable change and improvement
- Community organisations to capture and communicate the impact of their activities
- People who want to build their own capacity to explore the difference they are making
Dovetail’s expertise includes the health, social, transport, disability, local government, sport and recreation, and energy sectors. We work with public, private and community sectors, as well as with philanthropic organisations.
Our work spans programme evaluation, facilitation, qualitative and quantitative research, literature analysis and impact assessment.
Dovetail has five core values that guide our work:
- Integrity – We care about what we do and the impact we have
- Respect – We value all contributions and perspectives
- Inclusion – We create connections and bring in the knowledge and skills of all
- Reciprocity – We give back
- Learning – We look for opportunities to learn and share insight