Evaluation innovation in Aotearoa:
Enabling a safer climate and social equity for wellbeing
Toitū te whenua, toitū te tangata, whakamaua kia tina!
The ANZEA 2021 Conference aimed to serve as a catalyst for innovative thinking and dialogue on the role of evaluation and on the transformative impact we can make.
This 2021 Conference was organised around two primary focuses – social equity and a safer climate – which speak to the uncertainty we live in and which has been emphasised by the COVID-19 epidemic. The theme was interwoven with four strands: innovation; indigenous ways of knowing; leadership; and methodology.
This approach aimed to help us explore the ways that evaluation in Aotearoa New Zealand might contribute to:
- understanding current crises and challenges
- responding to the threats and impacts of a global pandemic
- taking action for social equity and a safer climate
- helping vulnerable communities adapt to current and future changes
- building collective responses as a profession; and
- provide evaluation leadership on the global stage for a safer climate.
We celebrate the participation from a wide range of people who work in evaluative fields, as well as areas that might not be formally described as evaluation, but where complementary activities and learning can give insight to those working in the evaluation field.