ANZEA warmly invites you to register for our inaugural virtual workshop, Evaluation Basics, with Dr Heather Nunns.
The Evaluation Basics workshop is aimed at newer evaluators as well as people working in policy, research, operational and design roles in government agencies and NGOs who undertake or have responsibility for evaluations as part of their role. It is aimed at increasing both the competence and confidence of participants.
The workshop will be run as two 3-hour virtual sessions over two consecutive days.
Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th July ⎢9:30am – 12:30pm
This six-hour workshop will cover the following entry-level content areas:
- What is evaluation; how it is different from research and performance management.
- Evaluation Theory essentials (big ‘T’ theory) … in six slides.
- Scoping an evaluation:
- “the how” e.g. the role of stakeholders, use of documents and literature;
- “the what”: key things that need to be identified/developed when scoping an evaluation (i.e. purpose, future uses, defining the evaluand and confirming its evaluability, organisational context, defining what’s in/out of scope, developing evaluation questions , programme logic and theory of change, evaluative criteria etc).
- A template to use when scoping an evaluation.
The workshop will include practical exercises for participants. At the end of each content area, Heather will present “sage advice”, “pitfalls to avoid”, and advice about where to go for more information.