Senior Adviser – Evaluation
Applications close Sunday, 28 March 2021
- Opportunity to work for a small, friendly government agency, with a wide influence
- Excellent Waterfront CBD Wellington location
- Are you curious about how transport can improve wellbeing and liveability for New Zealanders?
Are you looking for a role that will help us understand the impacts and effects of the transport system and how we influence its development and operation? If yes, read on.
Do you have an evaluation background, with the necessary skills and experience to provide insights and understanding on how the transport system influences, and is influenced by, other areas such as the economy, the environment and wider society?
As the government’s system lead on transport, Ministry of Transport has an important role to ensure transport improves wellbeing and liveability for New Zealanders. Key to this by providing robust evidence and insights that allow us to understand how the transport system is, and can, meet its desired outcomes.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Adviser – Evaluation to join our Domain Strategy, Economics and Evaluation (DSEE) team. The DSEE Team are responsible for leading the transport sector’s strategic approach to the collection, use and sharing of evidence across the transport sector. This team has responsibility for improving the transport evidence base and its use to support decision making and policy analysis.
The Senior Adviser role will cover:
- Developing and implementing evaluation frameworks with associated reporting mechanisms
- Scoping, commissioning, managing, and conducting evaluations of the transport impacts of strategy, policy, programme and/ or project
- Developing and sustaining partnerships and networks for evaluation and monitoring activity across the Ministry, other transport sector agencies and the wider government sector
- Integrating evaluation into the development of policy options and policy advice
Some current examples of work carried out by the evaluation function include:
- Developing and implementing the Road to Zero outcomes framework
- Developing and reporting on the Transport Indicators based on the Transport Outcomes Framework
- Developing a evaluation framework and managing the reporting on the Government Policy Statement on land transport
- Managing the evaluation of the Public Transport Operating Model
More information about the Ministry’s evaluation work programme is available here:
The ideal candidate will have a background in evaluation, and an advanced understanding of developing, implementing and managing approaches to evaluation, monitoring and reporting of the impacts of strategy, policy, programme and projects.
You will bring a strength for relationship management, project management, communication and problem solving skills. We are looking for someone who delivers exceptional outcomes, and demonstrate a great attitude and genuine desire to grow.
The salary band for this role is $93,956 – $130,000, depending on experience.
The Ministry of Transport is a small, friendly agency, with a wide influence, where you’ll be close to the action, and have plenty of opportunity to contribute and develop.
Interested in discovering more?
For a confidential discussion about the role, contact Sandy Fong on 0 22 010 2241.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for these roles
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter before Sunday 28th March 2021.